Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, SCC readers! I hope you had fun last night, however you celebrated!



I'm spending the first day of 2014 in Beaver Creek, Colarado, skiing with my family. I couldn't ask for a better start to the year! 


I try to stay away from the "standby resolutions" and instead think of some goals and resolutions that are unique to me. Here's what I came up with.

Drink More Water: I drink way to much Diet Coke and coffee, and not as much water. I'm going to attempt to replace my daily Diet Coke with a glass of water instead

Improve the Blog: I want to take some time this year to really work on improving SCC. This improves more regular postings, video posts, more contact with readers, building a stronger reader base, improving photo quality, and increasing social media presence.

Meet More New People: I met so many new people this last semester when I started at Mizzou, and I only want to meet more! I want to expand my horizons and my friend group!

Read More (for fun!): With countless reading assignments for classes, I tend to get burned out on reading, and instead of reading a book before I go to bed I troll the internet instead. I want to try to kick my technology-at-bedtime habit and read more books for fun.

Regular Service Work: I want to find a way that I can get involved with regular service work. I plan to explore my options when I get back to campus in January, and possibly join a service fraternity.

Journal Daily: When I left for college, I planned on writing a few lines in a journal daily in order to chronicle my experiences. I didn't stick to that for long! I'd like to resume journaling in the new year!

How are you spending the first day of 2014? What are some of your goals for the new year?

Stay Stylish. Be Classy. Be Creative.

Emily

P.S.- It might be quiet around here for a few days as I will be on vacation in Colorado. Follow me on Instagram to keep up with the action!




No comments:

Post a Comment