Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: What A Year!

2013 has definitely been one of the more eventful years of my life. From graduating from high school in May, to moving to Columbia to start college at Mizzou in August, I've definitely had a year of milestones! 

I'm so thankful for my family and friends (new and old!) who have been by side during the events of the last year. I couldn't have done it without them, and having them with me makes things extra special!


On this last day of 2013, I thought I'd do a quick post with the three biggest highlights of 2013.



NUMBER ONE | High School Graduation

I graduated with honors from Central Catholic High School in May. I had a great four years at CCHS, and can't imagine spending my high school years anywhere else.

Here are some blog posts recapping my high school experience: 1/2





NUMBER TWO | Our Bike Trip to The Netherlands and Belgium

Each August, our family always goes on vacation before school starts up again. This year, we decided to hop the pond and spend ten days cycling around Holland and Belgium. It was my favorite vacation yet, hands down. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking, and there was no better way to see it then by pedaling through the countryside. We met great people, ate delicious food, and spent precious time together as a family. It is a trip I will never forget!


Delicious pannenkoeken


Biking by the seashore in Holland


Windmill in Kinderdijk


Canal in Amsterdam


Cruising the Amstel River in Amsterdam


Beautiful Brugge at night


To-die- for macarons in Brussels

NUMBER THREE | M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I moved to Columbia, Missouri in August to start my college career at The University of Missouri. I couldn't have made a better college choice! I absolutely love it, and had an amazing first semester. I met so many great people, learned a lot, and definitely grew as a person. I am so proud to call myself a Missouri Tiger, and to study at the best School of Journalism in the nation.
To read a more in depth reflection of my first semester, click here.


My awesome roommate Erin, and our adorable dorm room.


Beautiful campus!


I met great new friends!


Love my Mizzou Tigers football!


2013 has been a successful and unforgettable year! 
Bring it on, 2014!

What were your favorite 2013 events and memories?

Stay Stylish. Stay Classy. Be Creative.

Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment