Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas at My House

Happy Christmas Eve!

I hope all of you get the opportunity to spend your day with family and friends. Whether you will be traveling or snuggled up at home, I hope you have a very happy holiday!

I'll be spending today and this evening working, so unfortunately I won't be able to be with my family. I'm lucky to have a job to come back to over Christmas break though, so working on Christmas Eve is just the price I have to pay. Hopefully things at the restaurant will go smoothly, and being surrounded by fun coworkers will help the day be a little more merry.

I haven't really posted much over the course of the Christmas season, due to a busy finals week and such, so I wanted to take a little time to spread a little Christmas cheer around the blog.

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is decorating the house. I was sad that I didn't get to help decorate this year since I was away at college, but luckily my parents waited for all of us girls to come home at Thanksgiving to decorate the tree. Our tree has a theme of red, green, and gold, and we always do our best to make it "department store quality."

Other favorite decorations of mine include my mom's nutcracker collection, our porcelain nativity set, and the pink christmas tree in my bedroom.

Here's some pictures of the Russell house at Christmas!


Our Christmas Tree in our living room


Pretty packages


The dining room table. I love the ornaments that hang from the chandelier! 


The nativity scene. I have memories of setting this up as a child.


From my Instagram: The Christmas decorations in my room. (a pink tree, obviously)


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care….


I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas holiday. Let us not forget the true reason for the season: Jesus Christ our Lord.
Let us also remember those serving in the armed forces, those who have lost loved ones, or those affected by the recent tornadoes.

Merry Christmas!

How do you decorate your home at Christmas? What is your favorite Christmas Eve tradition?

Stay Stylish, Stay Classy, Be Creative.

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment