I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas!
Although Christmas Day has come and gone, and the sweet treats and goodies have since been devoured, I couldn't resist sharing a delicious recipe with you!
Although not strictly a "Christmas Recipe," it can be made festive by using red and green M&Ms.
Introducing Confetti Crisp!
From my Instagram
My mom sent my some of this delicious stuff in a care package back in October. My friends and I finished it off within a day (guilty!). She received the recipe from a family friend.
This recipe is perfect for all of you sweet and salty fans out there! The recipe features saltines, peanuts, and pretzels, and M&Ms, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. Yummy!
My mom made a batch to take over to our neighbors for the holidays, and I whipped up a batch to take into work to share with my coworkers on Christmas Eve. It's a super easy recipe that takes under an hour, and is easy to package up as a gift.
This recipe is perfect to make this weekend to share with some people who you may have forgotten to get gifts for, or it would also be a perfect New Year's treat!
Here are step by step instructions
1. Gather your ingredients:
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop up the M&Ms and peanuts, and measure the amounts out. Next, break up the pretzels into little pieces.
Have all of your ingredients measured out and ready to go!
3. Next, line up the saltine crackers on an ungreased cookie sheet in a 8x5 grid.
4. Combine the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan, and turn on high. Stir frequently. When the mixture comes to a boil, set a timer and let it boil for four minutes.
Add the ingredients to a saucepan
When the mixture comes to a boil it will look light and fluffy
5. After the mixture has boiled for four minutes, remove the saucepan from heat. Pour the mixture evenly over the grid of saltine crackers, and spread with a knife if necessary.
Spread the mixture evenly over the crackers.
6. Next, put the pan in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. After the pan comes out of the oven, have the bag of chocolate chips open and ready. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the brown sugar mixture. Let them soften for a minute or two, and then take a spatula and spread the melted chocolate evenly over the saltines.
Distribute the chocolate chips evenly over the saltines
Spread the chocolate out evenly with a spatula
8. First, sprinkle the pretzels over the chocolate, followed by the peanuts and the M&Ms. Press all the toppings into the chocolate.
Add the toppings!
9. Chill the pan in the fridge for 20 minutes.
10. Retrieve the pan from the fridge and use your hands to break the confetti crisp into pieces.
40 saltine crackers
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini twisted pretzels, broken into pieces
1/3 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
1/3 cup chopped M&Ms (or mini M&Ms)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crackers on cookie sheet . Combine brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until full boil. Boil for four minutes, stirring intermittently. Pour over crackers and spread evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and let stand for three minutes to allow chips to soften and melt. Spread melted chips over top. Add pretzels, peanuts, and M&Ms. Press lightly into chocolate. Cool completely. Refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes. Break into pieces.
Enjoy baking this recipe and sharing with family and friends!
Stay Stylish, Stay Classy, Be Creative.