Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Weekend with my Sisters

This past weekend, I made the trip to STL to visit my two sisters at Saint Louis University. I hadn't seen Natalie in about a month, and it had been two months since seeing Hannah.

After some unexpected car trouble, myself and my friend Grant from high school finally arrived in STL at around 7:00 on Friday night.

The three of us went to dinner at a delicious Thai restaurant called The King and I (highly recommend!) and then made our way to the Central West End to enjoy cupcakes at The Cup, a cute little cupcake bakery. 


We enjoyed the Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cup, and Gold Rush flavors.

On Saturday, Saint Louis (especially campus) became a city festooned in green, purple, and gold, as students and residents alike celebrated Mardi Gras. We had originally planned on going to the parade, but we decided we wanted to avoid the craziness and have some quality sister time. So, naturally, we went out for breakfast followed by some shopping.

We drove to Clayton and enjoyed a delicious breakfast at Half&Half. It is the sweetest little place. After waiting a bit for a table (the place was packed, definitely a good sign!) we slipped into a cozy booth against the wall and began studying at the menu. 


We all three ordered different dishes so we could taste a little bit of everything.


Nat ordered the sausage biscuit


Hannah ordered the Blueberry Pancakes (Yes, that is blueberry butter!) 
(from my Instagram)


I ordered the Cali omelet


Hannah enjoying her coffee


After breakfast, we had planned on going to the Sweet Boutique, which was a few doors down from the restaurant. Unfortunately, we got there and it was closed. The storefront was so adorable, and my sisters were raving about how cute their items were. I'm definitely going next time I am in STL!


Cute storefronts in Clayton


We shopped a bit more at the Galleria and made a stop at TJ Maxx as well. 


Beyond cute polka-dot Kate Spade heels at TJMaxx.


I had to cut my trip short due to expected bad weather. I ended up leaving the city on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. I took the MoX shuttle back to Columbia.

I'm so glad I got to see my sisters, even if just for a short time. I enjoy the freedom I have at Mizzou, but I really do miss them a lot. Growing up with two built in best friends for 18 years, and then separating is not easy. However, I'm thankful they only live two hours from Columbia.

Hopefully my sissies are coming to Columbia in a few weeks. Until then, we will carry on with our obnoxious group messages, FaceTime sessions, and frequent phone calls.



I love you both and miss you everyday, but I am so happy each of you have found your place at SLU.

Do you have sisters? 

Stay Stylish. Stay Classy. Be Creative.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment