Sunday, March 23, 2014

California: Day One

We had a wonderful first day out here in California. We landed at the Orange County airport at about 1:00, and everything went seamlessly. Here's a quick recap of our day:

WHERE WE ATE:


fresh guac and salsa! 

We stopped at Avila's El Ranchito in Corona Del Mar for lunch. Corona Del Mar is a charming beach area with the most adorable houses. They are very close together, but all the houses are super cute. Our meal at Avila's was delicious. We started with some fresh guacamole and chips, and my mom and I split a chicken enchilada with tomatillo sauce. Authentic and delicious! 


Ravioli

We ate dinner at Modo Mio, a white-tablecloth Italian place. The meal started with a doughy and warm basket of sourdough baguette, and mushrooms sautéed in olive oil and lemon. We all got salads to start, and my mom and I split the ravioli. It was a delicious dish: smoked turkey and chicken stuffed ravioli with a hearty yellow pepper sauce. My dad ordered mushroom risotto, which was equally as good.


cute and chic cake stands at the bakery

After dinner, we stopped at a bakery just down the way from the restaurant. The Sweet and Saucy Shop is a chic boutique bakery specializing in cake pops, cupcakes, and macarons. I enjoyed a lemon macaron, while my mom tried the pistachio. It was the perfect little dessert to end the evening, without being over the top.

WHAT I WORE




It was a bit cool in the evening, so I opted for a linen blouse and this pair of houndstooth cropped pants that I got on sale at Gap last month. I just love this red color (it's practically my signature!) and navy is always a winner!

Forever 21 Blouse (old)
Gap pants (no longer in stores)
Old Navy wedges (super old)
Nine West purse (old)
Target Sunglasses 
Target Belt (similar)

WHAT WE DID

Since today was a travel day, we took time to get acclimated to our surroundings and get settled in at our villa. We did make a grocery store run and enjoy cocktails by the pool during the afternoon.


Sunset Punch (virgin, of course!) 


Giant palm tree


Christopher and I by the pool

All in all a good first day. I'm so happy to be here spending time with my family!

Stay Stylish. Stay Classy. Be Creative.

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment