Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The FAIR-est Sweater of Them All

One of my favorite aspects of fall and winter fashion is layering and texture. I love to pair sweaters with buttons ups, socks with tights, and pick the perfect coat to layer over my outfit.

Sweaters and button ups are my one of my favorite combos, and while shopping this weekend in St. Louis, I noticed a fair (no pun intended) amount of fair isle sweaters on display.

Fair Isle sweaters are nothing new to the fashion world. The knitting technique originated in Scotland in the early 20th century. They have been worn by women and men alike over the past century, but all of a sudden they seem to have resurged in popularity.

I myself do not have a fair isle sweater in my closet, but I'm currently on the hunt. I would style mine over a denim button up with navy cords and bean boots, or wear it with a wool skirt and tights for more dressy events. 

Here's some fair isle style to get you inspired:


The whole family sports fair isle on Land's End's homepage


Sarah Vickers and company sport fair isle on her blog


Carly Heitlinger dons a sweater while out and about in NYC


Skiers wear fair isle in an old photo


Fair Isle on the runway a few seasons ago at Dolce & Gabbana

Here are some sweaters I'm currently coveting. Hopefully I can swipe one of these at a Cyber Monday sale. Who's with me?


Top Row (L-R)

Bottom Row (L-R)

Do you own a fair isle sweater? How do you style it?

Stay Stylish. Stay Classy. Be Creative.
Emily









1 comment:

  1. Best Hand Blender Reviews 2019 For Healthy Cooking Need a helping hand with making dinner We ve rounded up the best hand blender to consider when adding to your kitchen gadgets

    ReplyDelete