Monday, November 11, 2013

The Versatility of the Vest

Dressing for the weather here in Missouri can sometimes prove to be a bit of a challenge. When I check the weather before I leave my dorm, it's 35 degrees, but by mid afternoon it's near 60.

I'm definitely not complaining about the beautiful weather! I love the sunshine and I would rather the cold temperatures of winter continue to hold off.

What's a girl to do to avoid freezing on the way to class in the morning, but not be sweating by the time she gets back to her dorm in the afternoon?

Enter the vest.


There are so many different types of vests, and they can be dressed up or down. I love layering mine over button ups, cable knit sweaters, or knit shirts. They are also great over sweatshirts for lazy days, or underneath heavier coats for extra warmth. I've been wearing mine under my raincoat this week for extra protection against the fall chill.

I've provided a few of my favorite vest choices, and my suggestions for what types of shirts to pair them with. I hope the vest can help you dress for the temperatures wherever you may be!

VESTS:
TOP ROW (L-R)
I love the bright pink color of this quilted vest! I think it would be perfect over a navy cable-knit sweater paired with jeans, or wear it with a denim button up with a pair of black leggings.
This vest is thicker and suited for cooler days. I think this would pair well with your favorite sweatshirt and jeans for a day in the library, or with a knit shirt and a corduroy skirt and leggings.
I'm such a sucker for anything navy, so of course I had to include my favorite hue in the selection. This quilted riding vest would look so cute layered over a plaid flannel shirt, or work just as well with your favorite chunky knit sweater.
How fun is this plaid vest from Talbots? I would wear this with a denim popover or over a black cardigan and white tank. Another option would be to wear this over a comfy black knit dress with leggings.
BOTTOM ROW (L-R)
Who doesn't want one of J.Crew's famed excursion vests. Exactly. I love how they paired it with a denim jacket and a skirt, but this vest would look great with a pink shirt or sweater and a denim skirt and leggings.
Fleece vests are a less bulky option and perfect for layering! I would wear this monogrammed version with my comfiest black leggings, riding boots, and a plaid button down. Perfect for an early morning class when you want to be comfortable but cute.
I'm already a huge fan of Patagonia's Re-Tool snap tees, so I was excited when I found out they make a vest version! I would throw this cozy piece on over my softest knit tee shirt for a day of studying in the library.
This sleek black vest is perfect for your active pursuits! Perfect for runs or bike rides outside. I would throw this on over my favorite dri-fit long sleeve T-shirt.

What kind of vests do you own? How do you wear them? 

Stay Stylish, Stay Classy, Be Creative.

Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment