Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Transition Outfits

As you may know, I'm interning this summer in Creative Services at State Farm Insurance. Having a "real" 9-5 job has definitely been an adjustment, but so far the internship has been an amazing experience. I'm learning a lot, connecting with so many knowledgeable people, and getting valuable real world experience. 

Working in a corporate environment meant a few additions to my wardrobe. (I used the internship as an excuse to buy several new pieces!) I try to wear comfortable, easy pieces that still have personality. One challenge that I have been met with is what to wear when I get off work, if I have errands to run or get-togethers with friends. I don't necessarily want to wear what I wore to work, but I don't want to have to throw on an entirely different outfit, either.

I've put together a few outfits that are perfect for the workplace, but transition easily for after-work events and commitments. 


A polo and cropped black slacks (I swear by this pair from Target) make for a comfortable yet professional outfit, especially if your office environment is more relaxed. Add a roomy tote bag, like this Longchamp, to stow work documents or a laptop, as well as a change of clothes for a casual dinner with friends in the evening. Bright shorts make the polo a little less formal, and nautical flip flops are comfy after wearing flats all day. 



A crisp button down is a staple of any working woman's wardrobe. Luckily, it's a very versatile piece and can be dressed up or down. At the office, pair it with a bright flowy skirt, and metallic loafers are comfy but dressy. After work, swap out the skirt for a pair of cute patterned shorts and slip on some tasseled sandals, and you're ready for a casual date night. Pearls and a classic brown leather satchel complete each ensemble. 


Have a formal event or fancy date night right after work and won't have time to change? No problem!  Throw on a comfy but chic knit dress, and make it office appropriate with a classic black blazer. Black and metallic sandals are fine for the office, and transition nicely to a nighttime shoe. Throw a pair of statement earrings in a fun clutch, and tuck it into your tote. Take off the blazer after work, and put on your earrings, and you are all ready for evening! 

Do you sometimes have trouble transitioning outfits from day to night? Any suggestions?

Stay Stylish. Stay Classy. Be Creative.

Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment